• Kylie Johnston

Alcohol Based Hand Sanitiser

Alcohol-based hand sanitiser is great for killing germs but can be dangerous if swallowed, particularly for children.


Follow these safety tips:


store hand sanitiser products safely and out of reach of children


supervise any use by young children


be aware of imported products which may not be clearly labelled and may contain more toxic alcohols such as methanol that make the product more dangerous


if you suspect a child has ingested hand sanitiser, regardless of the quantity, call the 24 hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for first aid and monitoring advice.


Have the container of the ingested product with you.



Remember, washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is a safe and effective option.

0 views

Industry Training and Assessment Services

ABN 94 898 703 607

Windradyne NSW 2795

Training proudly delivered in partnership with:

Allens Training Pty Ltd

RTO 90909

Industry Currency Pty Ltd

RTO 32373

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn